All About Andréa Nicole Photo & Design
As a professional fine artist based in Northwest Indiana, Andréa Nicole Photo & Design is always looking for the next opportunity to translate life experiences into art. Andréa studies at Valparaiso University as a Digital Media Arts major. She has been perfecting her photo and design skills for several years now.
1. I am 100% a Farm Girl, born and raised. I love that I grew up on a farm and if you look through my work, you will see that reflecting in my subjects all the time. To me, there’s nothing better than walking out in the field, breathing in that fresh air.
3. Family. My family is so incredibly important to me. I am number 5 of 6 children and my siblings and I are very close. Adding to my five siblings, I have two wonderful siblings-in-laws and one more who soon will be added to the mix. I also am the proud aunt of two sweet little boys, Augustus and Bennett. I love them all so much it hurts my heart. Also, my best friend happens to be my beautiful cousin Erin who I’ve known since I was four months old.
5. Most of my favorite movies are older than I am. I grew up watching many John Wayne and Tom Hanks movies (not together obviously). Westerns and romantic comedies have a special place in my heart. Some of my favorite movies you have to watch are: You’ve Got Mail, Chisum, A League of their Own, Rocky (all of them), Quigley Down Under, and Beauty and the Beast.
2. Travel. I love to travel. After studying abroad in Germany and being able to travel all throughout Europe, I still can’t get enough of it. Being able to just hop on a train and go on an adventure is the best feeling and I can’t get enough of it.
4. I am a huge fan of sports. Not watching, playing. Staying active is super important to me. I am an avid volleyball, basketball, and softball player. Plus, I am always down for a game of capture the flag or tag.
7. My Grandmother is the cutest lady I have ever known. I photographed her all the time, whether she liked it or not. Every precious moment I spent with her means the world. I would do anything for her. This sweet lady carries an abundant of nicknames including, GW, G-Wagon, DSW, Grandma, and of course to my nephews, Great-Grandma. We miss her dearly.
9. I hate drama. People say “who does?” But we all know those people…Nobody has time for that. Life is too short to be stressing about dumb things. I like to be happy. It’s that simple. I love to laugh and smile and have a great time. Goals in life including having a family, making memories, and being happy.
6. If you know me at all, you should know that I love to sing and dance. I would not quite say I’m the best, but I think I have some skills. I can rock some karaoke and I am always ready to jump up and dance at weddings. Line dancing is my absolute favorite. I can do those all night long.
8. I am a student at Valparaiso University where I study digital media with a focus on photographer. Valpo has become a home to me and the people have become my family. I have met some of the greatest friends, professors, and mentors. The darkroom is the place I am most likely to be. It has a special place in my heart and the people I have met in it are some of the most amazing artists and creative minds that have helped me grow as an artist and a person.
10. If you have read all the way through this, I am impressed. There are a lot of things to know about me and the top 10 barely hit the surface. I will leave you with the fact that I think of myself as a kind hearted person. I care deeply about my family and friends and the people I work with. I hope that you can become a part of my life and I promise I will care about the work I do for you as much as I care about working with those I love.